For easier orientation in the topic of enrollment of a child/pupil with a different native language (OMJ, odlišný mateřský jazyk) into your school/class, we have created the descriptive document “You have a child-foreigner at school” (long version, short version), in which you can find information about basic legislature, financing options, organizations working with foreigners in the South Moravian region and other.
Our documents can help you when you are looking for teaching materials:
- INSPIROMAT (list of materials adequate for teaching pupils with OMJ)
- Tips for kindergartens
- Tips for elementary schools
- Tips for secondary schools
- Offer during holidays: We have informed you about the offer during the summer holidays in our region and Brno here.
- Offer of creating adaptation groups: There is an option of creating adaptation groups across the Czech republic of a minimum 15 children aged 6 – 15 years old through the project Welcome to Czechia (Vítej v Česku). Those who are potentially interested from the Ukrainian community can be referred to this web with a registration form.
- Current funding calls:
MŠMT (Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport): Funding call for tutoring for private and religious elementary and secondary schools and conservatories for the term January-August of 2023
MV (Ministry of the Interior) ČR: The system of calls for expenses for the support of integration of foreigners in 2023
If you are interested in participating in the call of the MoI of the Czech Republic, but you would like to discuss your options first, contact us.
Beginning of the school year:
- portal Inkluzivniskola.cz (Meta, o.p.s.)
- portal of the National pedagogical institute (Národní pedagogický institut)
- portal of the ministry of education, youth, and sport
Organizations in the South Moravian region that you can contact:
- Meta, o.p.s.
- Centre for foreigners JMK (centres in other regions can be found here)
- Organization for aid to refugees
- Diocese charity
- Ukrainian initiative of the South Moravian region
- Department of social welfare Brno
- Your city or city part, departments of education and of course also the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport
Inspiration: coloring books aimed at the development of vocabulary, topic: school supplies, Tvořstor (downloadable here).
For more information on events in the South Moravian region and in Brno, follow our web.
We recommend to institutions outside of Brno to also follow webpages and social media accounts of local NGOs, extra-curricular clubs and others.
If you know of an offer for foreigners in your area, please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here for you!
In order to offer you full expert support, we are collaborating with the regional worker of Meta, o.p.s., who you can contact regarding questions on:
- School enrollment, placement into a grade
- Adaptation of newly arrived children
- Integrating into the group
- Legislation and funding options
- Setting up support measures
- Language assessment
- Teaching Czech as a foreign language (ČDJ) – organization and methodology
- Cooperation of teachers of Czech as a foreign language with other teachers of the child/pupils with OMJ
- Lesson plans, monitoring of development, assessment and classification
- Support during teaching and other activities
- Teaching materials
- Communication with parents
- Transfers between school levels
- Prevention of school failure and problematic behavior
- Application process and graduation from secondary schools
- Cooperation of the school and the educational and psychological counseling centres
Contact: Mgr. et Mgr. Tereza Švandová, +420 601 320 245, email@example.com
Consultations can be done via telephone, e-mail, and after agreement also in person.
- If you are not from the South Moravian region, you can contact other Meta workers, integration centers in other regions, search the web www.inkluzivníškola.cz or www.cizinci.npi.cz.
Thank you for your attention!