Brexit – Information for British Citizens

For reasons of legal certainty and to save time and avoid possible more complicated administrative
procedures in the future, the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic recommends that all UK
citizens who reside in the Czech Republic:

  • apply for a Certificate of Temporary Residence if they intend to stay in the country for more than three months
  • apply for a Permanent Residence Permit if they have lived in the country for more than five years

Negotiations on future relations between the European Union and the United Kingdom are still
ongoing. Nonetheless, residence registration in the Czech Republic is very important for ensuring
residency in the case of any scenario. The Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic will continue
to keep UK citizens informed of any further developments.

More detailed information could be found here:


Part of the services of our centre will move to a new address during December.

The Centre for Foreigners JMK will be closed for visits from 15.12 until 19.12. If you will need to contact our infocentre during these days, you can write to or call +420 734 510 213.

The Adaptation-integration courses of 16.12 will take place without change at our former address.

If your Czech language course would change addresses, you will get information from your teacher.

Legal and social consultations will not be available from 15.12.2022 until 16.1.2023 in the offices at Mezírka 1, but in offices of our partners OPU and Diecézní Charita Brno. We will inform you of the place of consultation when you reserve a meeting.

Our infocentre will be at the new address Kounicova 13 from 20.12. It will only take you 3 additional minutes to get there.