Coronavirus – Updated information for foreigners
In this section, you can find information which can be important for our clients during the coronavirus pandemic. We verify and translate all information into English and Russian. This section also includes a lot of links to interesting websites.
Free information line 1221
Mon – Fri 8:00 – 19:00
Sat + Sun 9:00 – 16:30
All regularly updated and currently valid regulations can be found in the “Current measures” section. If you live in Brno and you do not know where you can get tested or whom to call when you are ill, visit the website of the Brno City Municipality or the well-made “Expat’s guide to the pandemic”. Do you find it difficult to find the answer to your question on any of those websites? Make sure to check out the website www.coronahelp.cz. There are many useful resources and links to various situations.
Conditions for visits of MOI (Department for Asylum and Migration Policy) offices with effect from 22 October 2020:
Without a prior appointment, access to the MoI offices will not be allowed! You can arrange an appointment only by phone (MOI BRNO – 543 213 313, 543 214 316) or electronically at https://frs.gov.cz/. Existing appointments remain valid. New appointments will be possible only for the necessary actions like:
- the obligation of registration after entering the Czech Republic
- acquisition of biometric data
- issuing of residence permits
- issuance of the bridging label (i.e. confirmation of legality of your stay)
- applications for a long-term visa and long-term residence permit for the purpose of tolerated stay in the territory, long-term residence permit following a long-term visa, residence permits for children born in the Czech Republic
ALL OTHER SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT BY POST OR TO THE DATA BOX OF THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC (6bnaawp).
More information can be found here.