The South Moravian Regional Centre for the Support of the Integration of Foreigners is a project run by the South Moravian Region which has been financed by the national Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AM IF) and from the budget of the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic and the budget of the South Moravian Region. The centre’s activities support the assimilation of foreigners into Czech society. The main goal is to ensure equal access to integration services and to qualified integration support.
We provide the following services free of charge in association with our partners:
- expert social, legal and employment consultancy,
- Czech language courses and computer courses,
- assistance during meetings at official agencies,
- free internet access,
- the option of borrowing literature in various languages,
- lectures, workshops and seminars for the wider professional public,
- leisure time activities and other services (see the “Other Services” section).
The integration of foreigners in the South Moravian Region takes place separately for foreigners from EU countries and for others. This Centre’s services are designed for:
- foreigners from countries outside the EU who are entitled to long-term residency within the Czech Republic (they have a long-term or permanent residency permit; they have a temporary stay permit for an EU citizen’s family member; they are involved in visa proceedings for the purpose of remaining in the country; they are involved in proceedings for a long-term or permanent residency permit; they are involved in proceedings for a temporary stay permit for an EU citizen’s family member),
- individuals who have been awarded international protection (asylum, complementary protection).
In addition to services for foreigners, the Centre also provides information and support to the wider public, including state administration bodies, and in cooperation with the parties involved an integration in the region.