This is the list of websites, materials, and other media where you can learn the Czech language FOR FREE.
http://www.101languages.net/ (section: CZECH – links to Czech radio broadcasts, vocabulary lessons, word games, Czech news, newspapers and dictionaries)
This website is designed as a starting point for people who want to learn more about the Czech language.
https://www.czechclass101.com/ (free registration via FB = 7-day trial account, online video courses, connection with native speakers, language mobile applications).
You can try some of their online courses and connect with native speakers.
- Innovative Language 101(Android, iPhone, iPad and Kindle Fire),
- WordPower Czech(iPhone, iPad, Mac & Android)
- E-learning of the Centre for foreigners JMK
- https://www.kurzycestinyprocizince.cz/cs/e-learning (video courses on various topics, such as basic conversations at school or at work)
- https://www.cestina2.cz/ (e-learning in English, Chinese and Russian; basic Czech words, grammar and realities of the Czech Republic)
ONLINE TEXTBOOKS AND EXERCISES:
- http://www.pavlamachackova.cz/en/adapted-texts/ (adapted texts availeble for download, level A1 – C1)
- http://www.courseczech.com/cz (website with a complete offer of Czech textbooks for foreigners)
TANDEM / TEACHING IN A PAIR:
- http://i-teach.cz/cs/doucovani-jazyku-brno/ (Private tutoring in Brno.)
- https://www.gettandem.com/ (Improve your language skills with native speakers living or studying in your neighborhood.)
- https://mylanguageexchange.com/ (Online language exchange community where it is possible to offer tutoring in exchange for tutoring.)
- https://www.conversationexchange.com/ (Improve your language skills with the help of native speakers living in your neighbourhood.)
LEARNING CZECH ON THE GO / MOBILE APP:
If you want to learn Czech on the go, mobile apps are a good choice for you. You can learn the language in the park, by the water or in the train.
This application has become a legend during its existence. It is therefore very likely that you have heard of it. Its popularity is justified. The whole application is built on the principle of fun learning rather than simple memorizing. In addition, it works on mobile phones with all operating systems – no matter which smartphone you own.
Memrise is a great tool for learning and training vocabulary. This app goes against the current and tries to turn simple memorizing into genuine entertainment. You may come across some interesting vocabulary sets. And if none of the things you find in the app are convenient for you, you can create your own.
Would you like to communicate with native speakers, but are you afraid of speaking? This app works like any other messenger but except for chatting, you can also correct each other’s errors. You can also set how long you want to exchange messages and how many messages or characters you want to write.
Are you or your child going to study primary or secondary school in the Czech language? With applications from Meta, you will learn the basic vocabulary that you are likely to encounter in the school environment.
- CZECHwithME CZECHwithLENKA (video course – lessons with a native speaker): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkHNt8uQrAmpdkH0xzI1QeQ
- Learn Czech with CzechClass101.com (lectures/videos explaining the Czech language in EN): https://www.youtube.com/user/CzechClass101/videos
- Dino Lingo – Language learning program for kids:
- Czech a Anglický with Rich (the Czech language in EN): https://www.youtube.com/user/CZbehindthemountain
FILMS AND TV SHOWS IN CZECH WITH CZECH OR ENGLISH SUBTITLES
Fairy tales, cooking programs, sports broadcasts, news – all for free.
Films from all over the world with Czech subtitles, completely free.
AUDIO RECORDINGS IN THE CZECH LANGUAGE – The Czech Radio Portal devoted to Czech.
Dozens of Czech books for free download. Here you will find narrated poems, novels, short stories and more. All recordings are in MP3 format.
USEFUL LINKS FOR FOREIGNERS LIVING IN BRNO (DISCUSSION FORUMS, ACTIVITIES, MEETINGS, EVENTS):