Changes and new restrictions (21/05/2020)
Operation of MOI offices (18th May – 16th July)
Entry to the offices of the Ministry of the Interior will not be allowed to the foreign nationals during 14 days after return or arrival to the Czech Republic due to preventive reasons. It will be possible to visit the office of the MOI only by prior ordering. It is still possible to send submissions by post or to data box.
VISIT WITHOUT ARRANGING YOUR APPOINTMENT IN ADVANCE will be possible for:
- Issuing of the bridging label for travelling abroad from the Czech Republic, for workers in international transport, workers of critical infrastructure or for requirements of state authorities of the Czech Republic.
- Take-over of the document delivered by public notice.
- Issuing of departure order, if the period for travelling abroad from the Czech Republic was determined by the decision to the foreign national.
- Submission of application for a long-term visa, long-term residence permit or permanent residence for a child born in the territory of the Czech Republic (§ 88 of the Act on the Residence of Foreign nationals in the Czech Republic).
- If foreign national were invited to submit original of travel document or original of the registration document.
For other reasons, send applications to the OAMP by post.
You can find more detailed information on the MOI website.
Residence-related matters after the end of the state of emergency (18th May – 16th July)
- Sign yourself all applications for resident permits sent to MOI offices. Send your applications to the Ministry of the Interior by post or via data box; do not send them via email without a guaranteed electronic signature. Applications sent by simple email will not be considered.
- The 60-days period is counted from the end of status of emergency (from May 17th, 2020) and NOT from the end of validity of visa / long-term residence permit / visa-free stay. It means up to July 16th, 2020.
- Foreign nationals who were staying in the CR without valid authorisation before the state of emergency was declared are advised to leave the territory of the CR as soon as possible.
More information can be found here.
- hromadné akce ve venkovních i vnitřních prostorách s účastí nejvýše 300 osob;
- možnost osobní přítomnosti žáků 1. stupně základních škol ve škole.
- Dále je povoleno pohybovat se bez ochranných prostředků dýchacích cest, vyjma následujících míst:
o všechny vnitřní prostory staveb, mimo bydliště;
o prostředky veřejné dopravy;
o všechna ostatní místa, kde se nachází alespoň dvě osoby v bližší vzdálenosti než 2 metry, nejedná-li se výlučně o členy domácnosti.
From 25 May 2020, the following will be PERMITTED:
- opening of interiors of restaurants, cafes, bars and other catering establishments;
- hotels and other accommodation facilities;
- taxi services;
- trades in which the integrity of the skin is violated;
- zoological, botanical and dendrological gardens (indoor spaces);
- castles (interior spaces);
- swimming pools (covered and uncovered);
- saunas and wellness centres;
- the possibility of visits to social and medical inpatient facilities;
- organized training of professional and amateur athletes in outdoor and indoor sports;
- mass events in outdoor and indoor areas with the participation of up to 300 people;
- the possibility of the personal presence of primary school pupils in the school.
- It is also allowed to move without respiratory protective equipment, except for the following places:
o all interior spaces of buildings (outside the residence)
o public transport vehicles;
o all other places where at least two persons are located at a distance of more than 2 meters unless they are exclusively members of the household.
More information can be found here.
Government of the Czech Republic approved the partial release of entry to the Czech Republic for Third-country nationals with effectiveness from 11 May 2020.
– From that term, entry to the Czech Republic will be enabled to foreign nationals to whom residence was allowed, but they did not take over residence permit (i.e. arrival will be enabled on a visa for the purpose of collecting a residence permit – D/VR).
– Third-country nationals of selected professions and selected industries will be allowed to arrive:
a) seasonal workers especially in agriculture
b) key workers and their family members
c) workers in healthcare and social services
Warning: All foreign nationals will be obliged to submit the medical certificate of negative completion of the RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 upon entry into the territory of the Czech Republic supplemented by the certificate from the relevant laboratory, otherwise it is not possible to enter the territory. This does not apply to exceptions. See the table here for details:
– Conditions for entry to the territory of the Czech Republic and quarantine measures from May 11th, 2020 (pdf, 137 kB)
More detailed information can be found here.