EU citizens and entry to the Czech Republic (proof of temporary residence)
The ban on entry into the territory of the Czech Republic from 30 March 2020 does not apply to EU and EEA citizens who temporarily reside in the Czech Republic and are able to prove it.
Valid until April 5, 2020 !!!
Other exceptions .: model_situations_overview_29.3.2020
An EU citizen with temporary residence on the territory of the Czech Republic has to prove his residency by one of the following valid documents:
- Confirmation of temporary residence on the territory of CZ;
- Confirmation of permanent residence on the territory of CZ;
- Health insurance card of the Czech health insurance;
- Contract of purchase, lease or rent of property on the territory of CZ;
- Work contract with an employer on the territory of CZ
- Trade license issued in CZ;
- Certificate of Incorporation where the EU citizen is stated as a statutory representative or statutory body;
- Confirmation of study on the territory of CZ.
Attention please – for entry via the airport are allowed only following documents – Confirmation of temporary residence on the territory of CZ, Confirmation of permanent residence on the territory of CZ or Health insurance card of the Czech health insurance.
The EU citizens with a residence permit on the territory of the Czech Republic who enters the CZ territory has an obligation to contact his / her doctor and undergo a 14-day long quarantine.
Source and other information at the webpage of MVČR.
Given the current situation, we appeal to all EU and EEA citizens living in the Czech Republic to obtain a temporary residence permit at the relevant “OAMP MOI”. The application can be submitted by post now. Include all the necessary documents that are listed here -> https://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/temporary-residence.aspx (the OAMP will probably require a copy of your passport). It is necessary to stay in the Czech Republic during the application. If “OAMP” requires personal participation, they will contact you.
If you need help with the application, please contact us.