REGISTRATION – CZECH GRAMMAR COURSES (SPRING 2021)
we are happy to announce that in the week of 18th January 2021, we will open new Czech grammar courses. The courses will have 25 lessons and each lesson will be three hours long (specific times according to the list). We presume that the courses will be taught live-online through Zoom and Google Classroom, so the condition for admission is stable Internet connection and technical equipment (microphone, camera). If we find out by the registration deadline that it is possible to open the courses in person, we will update the information here.
Registration for the courses will take place via the Internet on SUNDAY 03rd JANUARY 2021 at 6:00 pm. Registration will be possible only through the registration form at the bottom of this page.
The Czech language courses we offer are divided separately for clients with a Slavic mother tongue and for others (“Non-slavic”). Courses for Non-slavics are divided into levels A1.1, A1.2, A2.1, A2.2 and A2.3. For Slavics, the courses are divided into levels A1, A2.1 and A2.2. For Slavics and Non-slavics together, we will open levels B1.1. and B1.2. The levels correspond to the Common Frame of Reference (SERR).
Registration procedure for Czech courses:
1. The most important thing is to know which course you belong to. Slavics cannot register for non-Slavic courses and non-Slavics cannot register for Slavic courses. It is not allowed to register for a course with a level that does not match yours just because the time of the course would suit you. Absolute beginners should register for levels A1.1 (A1). Everyone who has passed the final test knows their level.
Otherwise, it is necessary to write a test, which will be available online on 23rd November – 29th November 2020 on this page www.cizincijmk.cz/elearning/ in the folder Placement test / rozřazovací test. If you do not have an e-learning account yet, you will have to create one to be able to write the test. You cannot get to the test without it.
The test is only for foreign nationals who have a residence permit in the Czech Republic for at least 90 days. The test’s purpose is to find out for which course of the Centre for Foreigners of the South Moravian Region they should register.
Everyone who completes the online test will be invited to an online meeting with a Czech methodologist. These online meetings will take place from 07th December 2020 – 18th December 2020, and they will be the final phase of testing. You will find out your result there.
2. You will already know your level on the day of online registration. Select the appropriate course from the list.
3. Fill in the registration form (at the bottom of this page), which will be open from 03rd January 2021, from 6 pm.
4. Click on the “Send” button. This will show your registration to the staff of the Centre. Do not resubmit the form, it is submitted immediately after pressing the “Send” button.
5. Wait for the confirmation e-mail that will be sent to you by the Coordinator within 14 days. The Coordinator will let you know whether you can attend the course or whether you cannot (especially due to the limited capacity of the course).
It is possible to register for the course only via the online form. It is possible to register ONLY FOR ONE course. If the lecturer finds out that your level of Czech does not correspond to the level of the course, you will be excluded from the course. Therefore, think carefully about which course you will enroll in.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.