Online offers for students with a different first language and their teachers in connection with COVID-19
- Czech Language Courses and Conversation
- META – E-learning website good for learning Czech as a second language: www.cestina2.cz
- CIC (Center for the Integration of Foreigners Praha) Czech language – consultation with a lector: http://www.cicpraha.org/en/aktuality/758.html
- Czech language – support for young foreigners: https://www.facebook.com/events/922464554838124/
- META https://www.meta-ops.cz/en/news/we-offer-the-online-tutoring-with-individual-topics
- META – online consultation/tutoring – every Wednesday from 1 pm to 4 pm https://www.facebook.com/metapromigranty/photos/a.116319586875/10156714524051876/?type=3&theater
- MOST PRO – online tutoring for children with a different first language: http://www.mostlp.eu/
- SIMI (Association for integration and migration) – online tutoring for children with a different first language, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Support in communication with parents with a different first language
Charita Czech Republic
- Supporting parents of children with a different first language, helping with enrollment in kindergartens and primary schools in Prague, České Budějovice, Plzeň, Litoměřice, Hradec Králové and Brno: https://www.charita.cz/jak-pomahame/doma/integrace-cizincu/
- Infoline in Vietnamese, Ukrainian and Mongolian (available only on certain days and times): https://www.charita.cz/infolinka
4. Psychosocial help
- Charita Czech Republic – Hotlines and psychological support: https://www.charita.cz/aktuality/z-domova/charita-nabizi-lidem-take-pomoc-pro-dusi/
- Diakonie – Free hotline 800 567 567 for those who do not want to be alone with their worries.
- SIMI (Association for integration and migration) – Online psychosocial consultations during the quarantine period and restricted free movement www.migrace.com
5. Free time and other activities
- InBáze – Part of the activities of the community center and activities for children and youth take place online, more information available in the events section on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InBaze/
- Centre for foreigners JMK – Online yoga every Tuesday at 4 pm, more information available in the events section on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CentrumprocizinceJMK/events/
Did you stay at home with your children and now you do not know how to help them with their studies and homework? There are some articles on Czech websites that could help you with it. This is a short summary of the article on zpravy.aktualne.cz called “How to teach your children at home during „corona holidays“.
- Publishing house FRAUS offers primary and secondary electronic textbooks on their website for free. The only requirement is to log in (www.fraus.cz) and choose the year of studies.
- Similarly, the publishing house Nová škola offers help with homework via videos and online materials. Link here: www.nns.cz. The only requirement is to register as a student. Afterwards, you will have access to various materials concerning mathematics, Czech language, history, geography, chemistry, etc. Every material will be available for free until 30th June.
- FRAUS also offers online communication between teachers and students for free here: fred.fraus.cz
- Home practicing via online portal www.skolasnadhledem.cz. Useful materials for practicing mathematics, Czech language, etc., can be found there.
- Materials for mathematics (1st to 5th grade) – more than 5000 educational videos: www.matyskova-matematika.cz
- SCIO made their tests available for students from 3rd to 9th grade. The tests are for free and can be found here: www.scio.cz. You just have to fill in the test order, choose the method of payment and complete the order. The transfer is automatically complete after this process – you will not pay anything.
- Short practice tests can be found here: www.kalibro.cz
(explanation of the correct answers here: www.kalibro.cz)
- Good quality materials for online education in Czech (cs.khanacademy.org) and in English with Czech subtitles (www.khanacademy.org).
- For those who are interested in science, you can visit the website www.otevrenaveda.cz/nezkreslena-veda to watch short animated videos thematically focused on science (in Czech).
- Since Monday, 16th March 2020, Czech Television has launched a project called UčíTelka for 1st – 5th grade primary school students (every day on ČT2).
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, ČT1 offers preparation for entrance exams called School at home (Škola doma).
Recommendations of teachers active on social media:
- Playful learning: Math for 1st – 9th grade primary school students – Matika.in (CZ, SVK, ENG, IT, DE, FR, POL, RUS)
- Playful learning: Czech for 1st – 9th grade primary school students – https://www.gramar.in/cs/ (CZ, SVK)
- Czech and Math exercises for primary school students – Onlinecviceni.cz (CZ, ENG)
- Exercises for primary school students – https://skolakov.eu/ (CZ)
- Online multimedia interactive textbooks – ucebnice.online
- Textbooks and workbooks – www.h-edu.cz
- Database of free sources – otevrenevzdelavani.cz
Where can you find volunteers who offer tutoring children?
- Facebook group “Dobro v době korony JMK” – mostly in Czech. If you need to find a volunteer teacher for your children, use the hashtag #ddoucovani
- pomocdodomu.cz – website with volunteers from the Czech Republic
Are you looking for a tutor for your children? Do you need to prepare for the entrance exam or the school-leaving exam?
Students – volunteers from MU are ready to tutor foreign students. You can communicate with them in English and Russian.
Just visit the website munipomaha.cz, click on the button “I need help as an individual or as an institution” and register through the online form.
The form is available in Czech and English. If you speak Russian and need help with filling in the form, contact our colleague Ljuba Klok (phone no.: +420 727 942 355).
We will let you know about the newest information and tips.