Maturity exams and High school entrance exams (2021)
Minister of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic presented this year’s differences and changes in maturity exams on 10th March 2021.
- Writing of “didactic tests” will take place from 24th to 26th May 2021.
- Alternative term for pupils who were not able to attend (due to covid-19 disease, quarantine) original exam term is set for the date from 7th to 9th July 2021.
- Didactic tests will be officially recognized for students of health and social sciences schools who have a duty to work or help voluntarily if they have worked at least 160 hours.
- The oral exam in Czech and a foreign language will be voluntary for all pupils.
- Pupils will have extra 10 minutes to take the language tests.
- Pupils will have extra 15 minutes to write math test.
- This year, graduates will not have to write stylistic articles (“slohové práce”) in Czech and a foreign language.
The school part of the Maturity exam
- The school part of the Maturity exam will take place from 1st June to 23rd July.
- Practical exams can take place from 19th April to 27th August.
- Based on the type of school, all graduates have to take a school part of the exam in two or three subjects.
Final exams for vocational studies, graduation at higher vocational schools and conservatories
- The final exam for vocational students will be consist of two parts, not three.
- A practical exam will be mandatory for all.
High school entrance exam
- Entrance exams for four-year graduation schools will be held on 3rd and 4th May and for multi-year grammar schools on 5th and 6th May.
- Unified entrance exams organized by Cermat in Czech and mathematics will be compulsory this year only at multi-year grammar schools.